The Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati (ICGC), with its well-established facility and central location, is an ideal place for professionals to gather, interact, and share ideas. Two professional groups in the community that hold frequent seminars here are the Physicians Group and the IT Group. Additionally, the Center is in the process of launching a networking program for business owners and entrepreneurs.
Our Physicians Group activities include:
- Professional Healthcare Lectures & Dinners: These lectures cover a variety of topics. They are an excellent way for physicians and other healthcare professionals to share expertise and socialize.
- End of Life Seminar: This seminar addresses hospice issues and end-of-life care. Our most recently held seminar on these topics was tailored to meet the needs of healthcare experts as well as the general public.
Our IT Group activities include:
- Knowledge-Sharing Sessions: The IT Group organizes many knowledge-sharing sessions not only on technology but also on business management and professional development. Some of the topics that have been covered are Java, Microsoft, SAP, Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management, and leadership. Additionally, two special sessions were arranged for mentoring and career planning.
- PMP Training: The IT Group’s Project Management Professional (PMP) training course for Project Management Institute (PMI) certification has become a regular and well-attended event at the Center over the last few years. It is taught by experts in the field and is offered in both classroom and online formats.
- SIX SIGMA Training: This is another very helpful tool for professionals in all fields. The IT Group recently added training in lean Sigma.
- Basic Computer Classes: The IT Group is a helpful resource for anyone wanting to learn the basics of computers or simply looking to refresh their skills. The group has offered courses in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail use.
Check our newsletter or contact ICGC for upcoming Physicians Group or IT Group activities.