The Islamic Educational Council (IEC) envisioned the ICGC as a world class American institution that models Islamic principles and spirituality while promoting education and service to our greater community.
The Islamic Educational Council at the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati’s purpose is to:
- Serve the regional Muslim community in fulfilling its communal and individual obligations as mainstream Muslim Americans meeting their religious obligations and spiritual needs;
- Establish and maintain a high caliber, multi-faceted and inclusive Islamic institution serving as a resource for the community;
- Promote cooperation, religious understanding and community harmony through outreach, education on Islam, and collective work countering ignorance, prejudice and bigotry; and
- Serve community needs within its capacity and in partnership to improve the status and well-being of Muslim Americans and the community at large.
- Strengthen Our Relationships: with Allah swt (One God), across our diverse ICGC community and with our greater American community
- Enhance Our Educational Offerings: In the areas of Religious, Outreach, Collaboration, and Social Services
- Raise ICGC’s Regional and National Profile: Through programs and services that reflect the practices of a professional Islamic Institution..